PLC programme for profile cutters

sureshsyed

Hi friends.I have to programme a PLC for a profile cutter- for cutting steel sheets, and I am new to the field.Can someone please post me a PLC programme for doing so.The clearance controller is a Burny AR300.

Are you trying to control both axes on an X-Y table? It can be done with a PLC-based motion control module. It can also be done by having the PLC do the calculations to control the speed reference to a VFD, ramping it down to zero when the axis reaches the target position. It's more frequently done using a CNC controller.

I doubt if anyone here will post a program for your application. Somebody might sell you one, or sell you their services to write one and get it up and running.

If you decide to take a stab at it, you can post questions about how to get it working, and people here will offer suggestions.

Thanks Steve.What I want to do is to use a Visilogic 120 OPLC to control a Burny AR300 Controller and Sensor.The Burny does the job of detecting and following the pattern.The PLC just coordinates between the Burny and the process.Initially after receiving the Enable Plasma signal from the Burny the PLC energises a solenoid to drive down a sensor to locate the correct height from the plate,and then drives the torch down to that height.The solenoid is then de-energised to retract the sensor.Next the start plasma signal is given by the Burny to the PLC which uses it fire the MCR(Main Current Relay) and main current confirmation relay.This sends a start movement signal(CSR) back to the PLC,which in turn sends an OK to move signal to the Burny.The height above the workpiece is measured by sensing the voltage difference and using a voltage divider card to bring it within th 0-10 V range.The PLC maintains the voltage +- 1.5 driving the torch up and down o maintain it.When the cut approaches a corner, the Burny sends a signal to the PLC to freeze the height control, and the PLC cuts the cutting current to half, else the cut will get distorted.Once the corner is over, the Burny sends a signal to the PLC to release the height control and the PLC restores full current.Once the cut is over the Burny sends a message to the PLC to turn the plasma off and the PLC turns the current off.The CSR off signal is sent to the PLC which then confirms the off signal to the Burny.One more precaution taken during operation is that in case of accidental contact with the workpiece,the torch reeds drop opening an NC contact and causing the torch to withdraw - a kind of emergency stop.I know that it sounds simple but not when you are trying to implement it.Can you help with the ladder logic.

You've done most of the preliminary work. You've identified the PLC's inputs and outputs, and you've generated an operational specification. As I see it, you have two functions to control, the height of the torch and the cutting current. You should probably refine the operational spec along those lines.

If you've never worked with a PLC before and you're under a tight schedule to get this running, you might be better off hiring somebody to do the job for you, and use it as a learning exercise for yourself. If there's not a lot of time pressure, it's a good project to learn on.

Have you put together your parts list for the PLC I/O modules? Do you have the data sheets for all of the components you need to connect to?

I don't know anything about the PLC you're using, so any help I may be able to offer will be generic.

Unitronics OPLC 120

If you e-mail Unitronics a job scope of what you are trying to do,they will most likely give you a hand.Their software normals has 10-20 sample programs on each disk.Good Luck, E-mail me direct if need more help. Hey Phil, I enjoy your Tutor guide,but update your PLC Manufacturers list.