OT>>>>I GOT IT!!!!!

David_Emmerich

Lifetime Supporting Member
🤷

For those older forum members, I just got a call telling me that my Patent has been issued for my Digester...I guess I'm going to have to buy a round for those coming to Nashville this fall....

David

🍺(y)

Not an old member but congrats none the less. My uncle does patent law, and from what I hear, obtaining a patent can be pretty rigorous.

Congratulation David.(y) I'll bet even Ron (rsdoran) is smiling down at you (maybe with a few questions or comments)o_O .

Bud

Good job Dave....

Don't forget S&M when you start mass producing them, we can help... maybe even get Terry out of hiding

Congratulations, but what is a digester?
Panic, David explained some of it in these posts:

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=20586&highlight=sheep

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=20167&page=75&pp=5

David,
It must have took a little longer than "just weeks away" you thought back in 2006! Congratulations on sticking with it. I know it is a difficult and expensive process. I looked into getting a patent last year for an idea of mine, even did a patent search at the PTO in Virginia. I kind of lost interest, and have not followed through with it.

Last edited:
Congratulations David,

It's one thing to have your name on a patent that you assigned to the corporation you work for. In that case the corporate patent lawyers do all the legal work and the corporation pays the bills.

It's much more impressive that you have done this on your own. May it turn out to exceed your wildest expectations. Given the current prices for oil and gas, the timing certainly looks right.

Dave

Well thru the door at last congratulations.
Have done a fair amount of reading and study (since I wrote a college paper on it in 84 or so) on the subject.

Would like to hear how your system differs from others - without getting into trade secret, intellectual property, etc, etc.

Dan Bentler

Last edited:
David_Emmerich said:
🤷

For those older forum members, I just got a call telling me that my Patent has been issued for my Digester...I guess I'm going to have to buy a round for those coming to Nashville this fall....

David

🍺(y)

Congrats David..and i mean that 100% from the gut.... Hope it turns out great for you..

:site:

Thank you everyone..

Yes, it took almost 35 years to get it ready, but only about 14 months for them to approve it...I guess they has streamlined the process a bit.

I am sure that the S & M team is chomping at the bit right now... last I heard there was a small issue about fleas in the lab area....something to do w/ them being flung about at high revs.

We are still gathering data on our proto unit, hope to have a go-ahead for the first full size unit by the fall.

I will keep you posted on how it is progressing .

Again, thanks everyone...I can still feel Ron proding me along!!!

David

:site:👨🏻‍🏫