Ormec

jonjon

Is a :unsure: nyone currently using ORMEC MOTION controller or having a problem before about ERROR 1999 and the manual says it was TEMPORARY POWER LOST.

Why this will happen?
What is the root cause?
How do I fixed to did not happen again? mddr

Any information that will give me Im surely helping me a lot.

Thank very much in advance.
Jonjon

Ormec...

I believe 1999 is an E-stop error, or maybe that's 1910, check the E-stop light on the front of your controller. Lemmie know if you still need help I've got some Ormec experience...

jonjon:

From the manual:

Error #1999: Temporary Power Loss

ORION controllers have circuitry which senses loss of incoming AC power before the +5 VDC computer power goes below specification. When incoming AC power loss is detected:

• the Watchdog OK light is OFF;
• the System Status Display shows "E1999 " and;
• all processing by the main CPU is suspended.

If the +5 VDC computer power supply goes below specification or power is cycled off and back on, then the CPU will be reset normally when +5 VDC power is restored and ERR will retain the value of the last error that occured before the power fault.

If AC power is restored before the +5 VDC computer power supply goes out of specification, the unit will be inoperative with the System Status Display showing "E1999 ", the Watchdog OK light not blinking and ERR=1999.

This Temporary Power Loss fault may be cleared by pressing the red reset pushbutton on the front of the unit. Operation should proceed normally, with the exception that the ERR variable will be initially set to 1999.

In general, I think the ORMEC manuals are written poorly. It is difficult to find descriptions of many of the problems that occur. Even when you do find them, there is typically little explanation of the "why", or the "how do I prevent this from happening again".

As a positive - despite the poor manuals, ORMEC tech support has been good every time I have needed to speak with someone. If you don't have local support, try them in the States. You can get the support number off of the web site: http://www.ormec.com/webdocs/contacts.htm

Good luck,

Marc