Omron Cpm1a -hsc

Dariusch

Hi All,

A have a little project with a OMRON CPM1A PLC - I am new on OMRON - I have 4 encoder to positionering an "elevator". I have read in the manual for the CMP1A that it has 1 HSC-input but 4 IR inputs for use as "interrupt", "interrupt-count" or "quick-response". Now it also says the inputs can count up to 20Hz!! Is that the definition of a Highspeed count???

The motor to be used I think have 1410 omdr. (turns pr. min.) and the encoder should be 2 puls pr. sec. That gives 47Hz!
So I cant realy use the PLC or am I wrong?

I am also a bit confused, because it says in the manual that the puls width for the the input should min. be 5ms. So can the PLC count 200Hz????

I have read in the manual for the CMP1A that it has 1 HSC-input but 4 IR inputs for use as "interrupt", "interrupt-count" or "quick-response". Now it also says the inputs can count up to 20Hz!! Is that the definition of a Highspeed count???
Read a little closer. That's 20Khz. Unidirectional, not bi-directional.
The motor to be used I think have 1410 omdr. (turns pr. min.) and the encoder should be 2 puls pr. sec. That gives 47Hz!
So I cant realy use the PLC or am I wrong?
That's correct for the motor, but 20Khz should handle it fine.
I am also a bit confused, because it says in the manual that the puls width for the the input should min. be 5ms. So can the PLC count 200Hz????
That's when used as a standard input, not an interrupt input.

Micro PLC Interrupts and HSC @ MrPLC.com
http://forum.mrplc.com/index.php?act=Downloads&CODE=02&id=101
CPM2A Example Program for Interrupt Counters @ MrPLC.com
http://forum.mrplc.com/index.php?act=Downloads&CODE=02&id=175

Last edited:
icon9.gif
I think its says 20Hz and not 20kHz?
1.GIF

2.GIF

My fault I have downloaded the wrong manual it was for a AC-input.

Sorry.

But I have some other question

I want to count up and down.

how fast can I count an a normal indput 30-50Hz??

the CMP1A supports only 1 encoder (ABZ). I dont know yet what kind of encoder they have, but if it is of (ABZ) type I will not could do the application or could I??

by using the interrupt indput I can also just use one encoder at a time, right??

Anyone know how to connect rotary encoder to CPM1A? I've tried using PRV to read the value, but i can't read the value in the memory. I used PRV (0 0 DM100). My encoder is Omron E6B2-CWZ6C. help please
Thanks!