Compactlogix and Kinetix 5500 Drives

oldnerd

I am doing my first RSLogix 5000 project, and have a 1769-L33ERM controller and 6 Kinetix 5500 Drives. I have the controller comummunicating with the drives. Have no errors in 5K or on the drives. When I try to do a connection wiring test, or an autotune I get an error. Drive not configured, I have been through the books and online and have not came up with a solution. Has anyone had any experiance with Kinetix 5500 and Compactlogix that could give me some advice, I m old and need it.

Does it give any more information as to what exactly isn't configured?

Do you have the correct K5500 declared in the program? Is the power structure correct? Do you have all of the IP addresses set?

Any other information?

Kinetix 5500 2198-H008 ERS, No other information and the Rockwell litature shows everything you need to know \and then says you will need to configure the drive/ duh!
So far have not found out how to do this short of a involved logix program. I also have 6 PowerFlex 525 drives in this project and with RSLogix 5000 Studio they almost set themselves up. I am new at 5000 I m and ole 500 guy.

I also need to mention that all of the drives and the 5370 controll are imbeded IP and I m using liner/star topology.

My best guess is that something you entered is not correct. You can mis-enter some of these items and not get an IO error, but then experience the issue that you are seeing when you try to test it.

1. Make sure you have the correct model number in your IO tree

2. In the Drive Properties, on the Power Tab, make sure that your voltage,phasing, bus setups, and shunt are correct.

3. In your axis properties, triple check that the motor you entered is the correct motor.

I have the same set-up. It doesn't start even on Hook-up test. I did everything same with user manual. What software are you using? I believe Kinetix 5500 requires a ver21.00 or up software. I am using a Studio5000 v24. Did you checked what is the status of your axis? My axis says it is in Pre-charge state. I think there is a remaining set-up or configuration to make it run.

I had the same issue - drive not configured error when trying to do hookup test, etc. I also noticed that each of the Kinetix 5500 controllers continuously displayed "Connecting". Turns out that if one drive is not properly connected/configured, then all the drives in the Motion Group get this issue. Try inhibiting the axes one at a time until you find the problem one. Once I inhibited the disconnected axis, I no longer had the drive not configured error on any of the rest. Then once the problem axis is fixed, add it back.