Added new toggle on/off button

ziyaddin2015

Lifetime Supporting Member
The new button has been added and logic is all set for it. It is conveyor on/ off button and working properly but I was not able to make it display an alarm when it is switched off. How you make an alarm display on hmi ? Is it using a Factory talk view or RSlogix 5000 software? Thank you, Ziya

I could reply with "There are hundreds of ways, which one do you want to use?". The question is a little vague and smells like homework (maybe it's not, but maybe it is?). Some clarification if you could? You say "I was not able to make it display an alarm when it is switched off". Show us what you have so far.

I have attached a file and I want hmi to display that message when toggle switch is OFF position.

The new button has been added and logic is all set for it. It is conveyor on/ off button and working properly but I was not able to make it display an alarm when it is switched off. How you make an alarm display on hmi ? Is it using a Factory talk view or RSlogix 5000 software? Thank you, Ziya

You need to use FTView Studio ME (Machine Edition), and go into the left tree of your project.

Do you have RSLinx Enterprise Configured to point a Short Cut to the PLC?

If not, you should do that first.

To configure a short cut, you need to look as some YouTube Videos if you do not know how to do this.

This also explains the process...

http://bryceautomation.com/index.php/2017/09/13/factorytalk-view-project/

Getting back to Alarm Configuration

Open the Folder "Alarms"
Double Click "Alarm Setup"
Click "Add Trigger"

If you are going direct to the PLC (which I recommend), you can browse to the tag (If you have offline project defined, or you are online with Processor), or you can just type it in in the following format.

{[PLC]PUMP_STOPPED}

After you have your trigger defined, now you have to assign the trigger to your alarm message, on the second tab "Messages".

You will need to add an object to your project to display the alarm "Alarm List" Object.

There is a bit of configuration (check boxes and pull-downs) but it is self explanatory.

The following steps are taken.

Open factory talk view studio
Locate alarms folder and click alarm setup.
Go to message triggers on the pop-up screen. Add a new message.
Then go to the applications tab scroll down to create runtime application and follow through the step.
The last step is to click transfer utility under tools and download them back to HMI. Thank you, everyone.