Can I select from a list using touch in FactoryTalk View SE?

ehhakeoiiijge

I have a control list selector with 50 states. My problem is that it's inconvenient to go through the list by ramping and then landing on the state I want.

It would be much faster to ramp up/down until my desired state is in the window, then I click the state I want to highlight

Is there a way to highlight a state by clicking its row rather than ramping up and down with buttons?

I'm open to other ways of doing this if it isn't possible with the control list selector.

Thanks in advance

Software in use: FactoryTalk View SE v8.10

Last edited:
I believe that would be a Piloted Control list, then you put Key's on the screen Move Up and Move Down and maybe Enter.
You may be able to add the MS Office active X list box and be able to just click on the line.

Is there no better way to do this in View SE? We are migrating some old ME apps to SE and they used these Screen List Selectors and they are not very user friendly. Why no touch? If you have room to show the list you can't even click on the one you want.

You could create a set of interlocked push buttons that use the same tag as the piloted control list selector, and then use the ramp buttons to control the visibility of each group on the screen. The question is if you are willing to overlap multiple buttons in View Studio.

for my lists i make the UP and DOWN navigation buttons transparent and overlay them on the list they control. User presses the top of the list to move up, bottom of the list to move down. need to move more spaces? you can setup the repeat input (?) or something like that in the button settings and let the user hold their finger down and it will repeat the scroll a set amount of lines for after a set amount of time. there is no way, at least in ME that im familiar with, to have a list and say TOUCH the 6th item in the list to select it if youre only on the 1st item in the list.

i use ListBox for stuff like that.. they are vey good manageble per vba, you can
add and remove item dynamically, change the selection thorugh code and use touch
screen scrolling and selecting.