Advanced HMI Screen Change

Gadelric

Wizards,

I have an operator display that was built in Java script, running on RPI, that was a pain to update.
I've taken the advice I found here and moved to Advanced HMI to build these displays.
So far I have been able to get things to work out, but I want to do more than what I have stumbled through.

1.) In about a year, I will start running a new product down my line. During the change over I will like to have a second screen built that will display the "new part". I cant seem to figure out how to force a screen change via the PLC. Any advice would be great, just remember that I'm no expert on VB so explain like I'm 3 years old.

2.) I have hard coded everything in the displays, I would be interested in making the displays more dynamic. Example, my next build cycle might not change the overall profile of my part, I just might put fasteners in a different location, so I would just need to move the indicator's position on the display and not have to build an entirely new display. I have read that INI files can be used for this type of thing, but most of the information that I was able to gather about INI files was either way to advanced for my simple brain or was for a process that I did not understand. This is the least of my concern atm, the screen change is considerably more important because there is a 90% chance my entire part will change.

I have built 4 stations already, still have 7 more to do, so I have lots of room to learn and improve my process.

PLC is CompactLogix
PC is windows 10 mini pc

Thanks in advanced
Gad