Panelmate 500

autonow

I am trying to load a new panelmate 500 with a configuration from another unit. I have the panelmate 500 software but it will not install. I keep getting error 102 wrong windows version. I have tried loading it on win 95, 98, 2000, and xp computers, I have also tried compatibility mode in xp with the same result. The docs say it was designed for win 95 LOL Right. I have tried changing versions in the win 95 registry.

I need the exec files, modicon driver, and maybe the mentor option. I was able to download the config from another unit using the power pro transfer utility (v2.5) but since i do not have the necessary files I can not attempt the upload. My solution was to use the software designed for it BUT it will not load on any machine! ATS says that is what eaton gave them. I said get your money back it is defective!

Anyone have the software or the files? Or know how to get around this error?

Windows 95 sounds about the right time frame. And I don't think the product line lasted until Windows 98. Why not replace the unit with something you can support going forward instead of with another PM500?
Since you mentioned the Modicon driver, be aware of the fact that Modicon brand labeled some of the PanelMate models, although I'm not sure if the PanelMate 500 was one of them. They may also have had their own version of the software.

As with most upgrades of hmi’s I get involved with I do not have the source code so I do not know the plc address different objects reference. Also I usually do not have the plc program to reference. So upgrading to a newer hmi is almost impossible.
My frustration is the program provided by Eaton does not work (install) as instructed In their manuals. And it must be nice to tell your customer not supported we will not help even though it is defective.