Random alarms from a GEM80 164 with 8 remote I/O stations

WRELECT

I have a GEM80 installation which I am replacing with a new system (Siemens). It has 8 renote I/O stations each configured with 16 word addresses.

I am trying to take out two stations at a time, but when I power them down, the system reports random alarms that would mormally be generated from changes of state of I/O in other stations.

I've tried removing all references to the I/O in the stations to be removed, but the random alarms keep coming.

As long as the stations remain powered up, (with original and modified system)the system is stable, but when either is powered down, the random alarms come in, (not always instantly, sometimes it takes an hour or so)

Any ideas?

Similar Topics

We have 6 unit programs with logix 5000, lots of remote I/O. Ver. 20. Any thoughts on a ton of random/nuisance alarms that keep coming in. They...
Replies
Views
Looking for some advice for backing up the programs on a bunch of old random PLCs. All I'm really concerned about is getting the program out of...
Replies
Views
We have several Powerflex 4M (22F-D013N114) VFD’s controlled by compactlogix PLC’s. Control is simple, a run and direction signal with the speed...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I know this is a PLC forum, but I know there is a gread deal of knowlege on drives as well. This drive has been running on stone...
Replies
Views
Hey folks, I was just wondering what thoughts were about a completely 100% random number generator. I looked on The Google but didn't really open...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom