ROC800 Liquid Flow Computer question.

plcnoop

Hopefully this is allowed here as this isn't really a PLC but I've seen some people posting about it in the past that seemed to know this machine pretty well.

To cut a very long story short, currently we have a ROC controlling two meters, a master meter for high volume proving and then a small volume prover as well.

In order to initiate these proves (without HMI/PLC as requested by customer), we have set up FSTs to change the proving type between the master meter and the SVP. Going into a soft point and changing a 1 to a 0 changes the proving method.

I'm wondering if there is any way to automate this within Roclink or to simplify it for techs who are not handy with Roclink. I understand that an HMI/PLC would do this very easily but, well, sometimes the customer doesn't want the easy way for...some reason.

I'm not understanding why the softpoint isn't good enough for use in roclink. You bring up the softpoint in roclink and your done

If not a di they make little lcd screens that are kinda like roclink (instead of a full on HMI)