passive analog card for slc 500?

peter764

I'm working with an AB slick 500. It's running a RO system for the boiler room. I'm trying to interface with a transar system so they can monitor the operation and recommend maint. The problem is that I'm trying to put a 4 to 20 ma signal into an input in their board. It had 3 connections one said +24, and the other two were supposed to be passive with a + and - connection.
So I hooked it up to the the passive connections and ended up burning up the board input twice!!

Does allen Bradley make a sinking or passive 4 to 20 ma output card or some sort of isolation board so I can interconnect the two?
I haven't done well in searching this out? the transar board manufacturer finally said abosolutely no voltage to their board......seems they need to update their schematics? Oh and a factory tech hooked up my connections even after he saw the voltage coming off the analog output......

Thanks for you help

Can you provide a link to your "transar system". (manuals?)

Oh and a factory tech hooked up my connections even after he saw the voltage coming off the analog output......

Did it work when the tech did this?

Again and old thread. They are probably 2 wire 485 ModBus protocol? Too much info in a Trasar to get out via 4-20ma.