Replacement Servo Settings

Dryhops

We had a servo fail and we are installing a slightly different model as a replacement.

When I update the motor catalog number in the axis properties menu, it understandably clears a few settings.

In the attached screenshots, the old motor has a rotary transmission with a ratio of 21:1. This simply corresponds to the ratio of the attached gearbox, correct? So I should reapply this setting to the new motor?

attachment.php

attachment.php

Also in the screenshots, the load ratio reset from 2.3 to zero. The load ratio is used to calculate the System Inertia (in the same window) - so should I back calculate the load ratio required to maintain the same system inertia? Or simply keep the 2.3 ?
attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks for your time.

load1.PNG load2.PNG scale1.PNG scale2.PNG

Last edited: