AEG Modicon Micro 311/01 PLC

jwedd7489

I am trying to extract the program from an AEG Modicon Micro 311/01 PLC. I have a VM running Windows XP and I have Modsoft 2.62 running on it. I have created a USB to serial cable per Schneider. I am trying to use the PLC to file for a new program (since no one has a record of the code). Is it critical that i have all the configuration details correct before Modsoft will actually connect? How do I know which port settings to use (besides making my usb to serial com port settings match the DEFAULT setup in Modsoft)?

com port settings.png config.png port settings.png

Attachments

• 110XCA20300 Pin Out.pdf
    44.9 KB · Views: 9
Welcome to forum

Modsoft is precise of serial port and PC clock speed.
As old Dos software used directly Com port and speed was tied to PC's CPU speed.

You definitly can't get it work with USB / serial adapter easily. It maybe connects, but connection crashes after couple seconds or no connection at all.

It is best to buy old laptop with real dos and serial port, and it still needs to be old PC.

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=42838
https://control.com/forums/threads/modsoft-over-windows-xp.19616/

Thank you!!!

I also have a copy of ProWORX nxT that I haven't tried yet. DO you think that would be more beneficial?

Also, do you happen to know if there is a way to determine the MODBUS address, or to "possibly" reset the MODBUS address? This PLC is an island with no known documentation.

It is allready years when used modsoft last time.

For default you can try 9600, Even, 8, 1 stop, Modbus1.

Com settings are that what configurated to program. Thinking that you can change them to different only if download new configuation to CPU (=program donwload)

If it have two ports, try first port1.

Thinking that there was port scan on modsoft.

Proworx better, would try also Proworkx32 as it worked on XP and win7?
(and serial timing isn't tied to program / dos)

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=123684

Don't you have last offline program?

Last edited:
Is it island for another PLC type, or so called child configuration for another (master) Modicon PLC (maybe 612 or 311)?

What I mean by "is;and" is that no one has knowledge of what it does, how to communicate with it, and it has just run in the background for years (no issues, but no interactions).