Touch HMI behind a glass screen

My first thought was the old video games that had an optical handgun or rifle.

The display pulsed a dot across each pixel so fast you cold not see it, but the gun could and the controller knew which pixel was lit when it saw it,so that's where the gun was pointed.

I'm sure some HMI engineer could incorporate this technology into a touchless HMI.

Thanks all for your replies. Have tried to reason out with the client to no avail. He insists that he saw such a system on one of his trips abroad and so wants something similar.

Well, I feel it best not to involve myself with such a project.

Thanks all for your replies. Have tried to reason out with the client to no avail. He insists that he saw such a system on one of his trips abroad and so wants something similar.

Well, I feel it best not to involve myself with such a project.

We get this sometimes, i want to use this product, i want to use that product that nobody has seen before, just tell him if he can find it you will use it but until then your offer is what you can buy on the open market.