SLC Ch0 Modbus

andy_1983

Hi,

I'm trying to work out if I can use Channel 0 of my SLC CPUs (configured as Modbus Master) to talk to other manufacturers PLCs. I'm using new CPUs - so firmware is not an issue, and my version of RSL500 has option to configure Ch0 as Modbus....

Previously I've been doing this using a Prosoft Modbus card. I understand how to do this using the M0 & M1 files, and setting up telegrams etc.

is there a procedure I could use using Channel 0 of the CPU to read / write data tables from say a Mitsubishi Q series Modbus card - point to point?

I've been doing a bit of searching, and reading different help files - but not getting anything useful out of it!

Thanks

Andy

Once the channel is set up for Modbus communications, you can use the MSG instruction to read data. Just pick MODBUS as the Target Device, then choose the type of MSG Read/Write, fill in the setup screen details properly and it should work.

You should not be required to manipulate the M0/M1 files directly.