Design (Local) config xml for import in FactoryTalk Studio

tachypsychia

As per title, I am looking for a way to import the design paths for factorytalk studio. I don't have a personal work laptop but use one of 3 or 4 to view and modify files. One of them has the proper paths for each machine configured both in local and runtime. The others do not. Each time I need to use FactoryTalk Linx Communication Setup in order to manually add via IP address as auto browse does not find any devices.

The rub is that when I look in Network & Devices in the explorer panel, all devices show up (EthernetIP devices)And in RSLinx Classic, everything shows up as well. I'd like to set up the local paths to each device on each laptop all at once instead of adding them as projects get updated. I imagine there is a local config .xml file that I can copy from the one laptop to the rest but so far haven't had any luck. Importing a runtime in from a compiled .mer will work just for runtime, but there is no copy from runtime to local like there is for local to runtime.

Any clues or hints or do I just need to add devices and punch in a long list of IPs on a slow day?

Edit- Figured out that my laptop subdomain wasn't attempting to talk to the machine IP domains. I set a range and everything showed up in FactoryTalk Linx.

Last edited: