TIA: IEC timers preset values from HMI

DairyBoy

I've tried to add an "s" after the tag for the PT value of an IEC timer but it's rejected, even if the tag type is "time". As the timebase is ms by default, is the only way to scale an HMI input [in seconds] to pass the tag value from the HMI via a x1000 instruction before sending it to the timer's PT? Thanks.

for the HMI TAG check out linear scaling. enter the PLC side of the ration with 3 more 0

So for example 9999 v 9999000

Time variable is actually Dint, ms and s are only added to online view for better understanding.

Timebase is ms, so 1000x on HMI scaling or on PLC prgram before time PT-input.

As said, it's a DINT, so either have the HMI in ms, scale at the tag or make your own real to time FC inc multiplier and place before the timer so you can enter h,m,s from the HMI.

Last edited: