Automatic Wire cutter machines

Orn Jonsson

Anybody with a panel shop bought or used an automatic wire cutting / stripping machine?
I am wondering which brands are the bast bang for the buck... small to medium volume.
I threw together an AD plc based feed-to-leingth stepper system in an attempt to build my own wire cutting machine. The controls work fine but I am having trouble finding a "cutter" that I can use with a small air cyl or electric solenoid to do the actual cutting. Any input appreciated...

Orn

There was a pretty lengthy thread a while back about an automated wire feeder/cutter a while back...
See if THIS helps any, and post back if you have any questions.

That thread was on metal wire.

Orn what you are looking for can be V-blades, Radius blades, or die blades. V-blades (there are several types) can eliminate changeovers for different wire sizes. Die blades offer better precision but will require changeovers.

This is a company that sells auto wire cutters and parts, they may be able to assist you with the blades, holders, etc.
http://www.eraser.com/catalog.cgi?mode=details&product_id=2641