Triconex Tristation DDE Communications

I have an application running on a Triconex Tri-GP system and although I am able to read tags successfully via the DDE server, I am not able to write to any tags.

The tags are memory based and I have assigned them a Read/Write alias
I have un-checked the “Disable remote changes to outputs” in the MP configuration.

When I try to poke a value to a tag, I get

“Write failed for NODE 1 tagname MyTag.DATA Reason : Unknown Reason 209”

Could anyone please suggest what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I saw something about the keyswitch in the docs but we have a Tri-GP which does not appear to have a run/program switch. Part of the problem is that the documentation refers to a number of models and its not easy to determine to which system it is referring to.

Can you think of anything else it may be? I do get a slightly different error message if I try to write to a read-only tag so I guess thats encouraging.

Try checking this docuemnt, found on the foxboro web site.

SYS_SET_REMOTE_WRT_ENBL A Tri-GP function block that programmatically allows or restricts write access to output or memory read/write aliased points when used in an application.
To allow write access, the Disable Remote Changes to Outputs

property cannot be checked.

Communication Guide for Tri-GP v2 SystemsCommunication Guide for Tri-GP v2 Systems06-Apr-20112,173 kb

I've been struggling with this for 9+ hours now. Trying to write from a DCS master to a Tri-GP slave emulator for testing.

This solved my issue as well, many thanks!