IO configuration upload

lllerena

L
Is it posibble to upload in a PLC (5/80E) the IO configuration? I have tried, but it upload the program (without comments, thats O.K.) but not the IO configuration.

Is there any solution?

Thanks in advance

I am not sure what you mean and if what I am saying is correct either but I will attempt an answer anyway.

With the PLC5 you determine what type of addressing you plan to use first 2slot, 1slot, or 1/2 slot then set the backplane switches accordingly.

This will determine how the plc 5 uses the modules placed in the rack...ie how it determines what address is where.

Now you create a program (with whatever version) and you tell it what cards are in what slot. Example: using 1 slot addressing set on backplane you the set I/0 config in program to 1 slot addressing. That means the slots will use 1 input word and 1 output word ie 16 input bits and 16 output bits. Then tell the programming software what cards are in what slots.

Here is the thing, once you create your ladder many files will be created but only 1 is actually uploaded to the plc (i am sure to be corrected if this is wrong), that is the actual ladder code. The PLC5 is hardware addressed, you just setup the I/O config in the programming software to create the I/O tables to match what the hardware has.

To put it simple, you dont have to upload it.

There is no way to get the IO Configuration (which module is in which slot) in RSLogix5, for any PLC-5. Although Rockwell, by now, should have gotten at least a simple "read processor" for setting up the I/O Config, the sad fact is that, for the PLC-5 (but not the SLC), it simple isn't needed. Yes, it's handy to set up the Analog BTW/BTR stuff, and see the details when you veiw the BTW/BTR blocks

But they haven't yet programmed it. Rocksoft is still missing several cards from the I/O config, as well, even though they are up to version 5.2 (or is it 5.3?).

Sorry, you'll just have to enter it by hand (if you feel the need to.) At least the card configuration info (stored in the BT or N file) comes up, so as long as you select "Yes, the Module has been configured", you'll see just exactly how.