Kinetix 6000 Servo Testing System

Jsu0234m

Hey everyone,
Recently our maintenance department has been having all kinds of trouble with servo motors and i would like to build a servo test rig in their shop so they could plug up motors and test them before they carry them on the plant floor.

We have three types of motors that i would like to be able to plug in and jog forward and backwards and maybe read the encoder to see if its working or not. I'm gathering the materials, 1768-L43 processor, sercos interface card, kinetix 6000 drives and motors, and PV700 to jog and set speeds so I'll have all the hardware and I've installed the motion groups and servos into the program already. The next part about actually controlling the servo motors is where I'm having issues. I've never done any servo programming and it doesn't seem to be as easy as programming drives. (We use a ton of Powerflex drives so i have a lot of experience with those.)

I haven't been able to find any documentation on the basics of how to tell the servo to run or stop or how far to run. I've been reading the help documentation on MAM, MDS, MDO, MSO, and i haven't the slightest idea which one to use to do this simple operation.

The plant floor equipment that uses servos is locked so i can't see how the vendor actually programmed the drives to move.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

My experience is with the 5700 Drives, but I'll give you a basic example.

1) Turn On Drive ( MSO )
2) Do Something ( MAJ / MAM )
3) Stop if applicable* ( MAS )
4) Turn Off Drive ( MSF )

* Some commands are continuous, some stop when they are complete

My experience is with the 5700 Drives, but I'll give you a basic example.

1) Turn On Drive ( MSO )
2) Do Something ( MAJ / MAM )
3) Stop if applicable* ( MAS )
4) Turn Off Drive ( MSF )

* Some commands are continuous, some stop when they are complete

That's what i was looking for, thanks for your help.