Message Path question from L32E to SCL5/03

jjensen

I am getting confused trying to figure out how to properly do a 'message path'. I am trying to replace a SLC5/03 with a 1769-L32E PLC. I need to talk to another SLC5/03 PLC over modem/telehpone lines to receive Utility meter values.

I have attache a word doc to help details where I am now.

Welcome to the Forum !

Try using the path "2, 10", as the SLC-5/03 slave device is using Source ID = 10 in its configuration.

Strictly speaking, Full Duplex devices are supposed to ignore the destination address, but when they do send a message, they use the Source ID as their own node number.

The SLC-5/03 master was also configured for "Full Duplex Modem", suggesting it is using hardware handshaking.

Check the CompactLogix system configuration's Serial Port tab, and be sure that's set for Full Duplex instead of No Handshaking.