Problem in Eplan Electric P8

itsm0s

Hello all,

I got an issue with connecting components in Eplan Electric P8. I used this software before for my three line drawings but this is a new issue with new installation.
The problem is when I try to connect a component to a main bus using a T connection (or any other connection type), Eplan doesn't recognize all pins as usual. It only detects the left pin as you can see in the attached images.
I know there must be something wrong with grid setting but I tried different numbers for grid and none of them worked.
I should add that i have no issue with connecting two components together and this happens when Im trying to use connection points. I also aligned all components into the grid but still doesnt work.
Do we have any expert Eplan Electric P8 user here to help me?

Thabk you

20171231_120355.jpg 20171231_120410.jpg

Hi,

You could try pressing I to make the connection points visible, perhaps you have a break point between connections?

Cheers

Rich

Hi,

You could try pressing I to make the connection points visible, perhaps you have a break point between connections?

Cheers

Rich

Thanks Rich.
Yes I tried aligned to grid command and didnt work.
Now I pressed the " I "and as I see there is actualy one connection point on the left pin and wire can be connected to that! Why is like that? It is the same for all omponents! But as I said I can connect two different components together with no problem! See the attached image. What do you think?
Thanks

20180101_134051.jpg

Unfortunately i don't have eplan with me to try and replicate your problem.
Have you tried adding an additional Motor Circuit Breaker and linking them together? Not sure it will make a difference but you do have the circuit breaker upside down try varient A

Unfortunately i don't have eplan with me to try and replicate your problem.
Have you tried adding an additional Motor Circuit Breaker and linking them together? Not sure it will make a difference but you do have the circuit breaker upside down try varient A

Yes. Two motors can be connected together with no problem! That's why I have no idea what must be wrong here.
No worries. Thanks for your reply Rich. I will share the answer if I could find it.

Strange. Is the page setup as a schematic: multi-line and not single-line?

Did you individually place the T connections? Try deleting them, holding in mouse left click to the top left of them, drag over to the right and let go.

Strange. Is the page setup as a schematic: multi-line and not single-line?

Did you individually place the T connections? Try deleting them, holding in mouse left click to the top left of them, drag over to the right and let go.

Hi Patrick,

It is a schematic multiline page. And yes I placed them individualy.
I believe it's a grid issue because when I change the grid size manualy, even the left pin cannot be connected! If you have Eplan installed on your system, can you please see what is the grid size for you from options--->settings ?

Thanks

I can check, but it will be 3 hours as my laptop with eplan on is at home.

In the meantime, try the multi-place suggestion, it's a neat trick I didn't know about until I went on the training course.

I can check, but it will be 3 hours as my laptop with eplan on is at home.

In the meantime, try the multi-place suggestion, it's a neat trick I didn't know about until I went on the training course.

Cool. I don't have access to my computer either. So no rush.
I'll try that as well. Thanks for suggestion.

Just for the heck of it, can you try to place a connection point over the breaker?

Maybe the terminal point of that symbol is pointing up?

I couldn't find the grid size in options/settings.... but note my eplan is old now (P8 1.9)... I just have grid size A-E on the top menu.

However, I think boneless may be on to something here. Comparing your symbol to mine, yours looks like a T-node right. You need a T-node down (F7), or press tab key on your nodes to rotate them.

t node.png

I couldn't find the grid size in options/settings.... but note my eplan is old now (P8 1.9)... I just have grid size A-E on the top menu.

However, I think boneless may be on to something here. Comparing your symbol to mine, yours looks like a T-node right. You need a T-node down (F7), or press tab key on your nodes to rotate them.

Thank you for checking. And yes I'm using T-node down. I tried other types of connections like angle down and O tried different components but still doesn't work!!!
Can you please go to Options menu and then select Settings? Then you can find grid sizes in 2D settings. Just search grid size if you couldnt find it. I attached an image regarding this.
And yes mine also has 5 diffdrent grid sizes but we can adjust them.

Thanks

20180102_203806.jpg

Try turning snap to grid off and using the multi-place trick... it automatically aligns the placed objects with other objects