Profibus Siemens to powerflex

729089 - PowerFlex 525 drive on Profibus DP with a Siemens S7-300 Processor
Access Level: Everyone

CM 1243-5 Manual

I don't know for sure what your setup looks like, but this tech note might help. It includes images of the PowerFlex setup and some programming examples.

Thank you for the reply, I will check that out but I believe the 300’s use the old step 7 and not the tia portal.

Thank you for the reply, I will check that out but I believe the 300’s use the old step 7 and not the tia portal.

The 300 series are compatible with TIA Portal but check the compatibility list, I know for sure that the 319 2PN/DP IS compatible however most of the older ones are not.

Regards

Daniel

Similar Topics

Hi All I have an Allen Bradley Powerflex 40 with a 22-COMM-P Profibus communication card. I want to communicate the drive with Siemens Step 7 but...
Replies
Views
I'm just trying to figure out the right method of adding a DO card to an existing rack. It's not the *next* open slot, but I have to move the AO...
Replies
Views
Kindly, we are trying to go online on an S7-300 plc, with profibus communication, using a CP5711 adapter. But when we open the Ladder and press...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to figure out how to read the actual speed reference value from the move blocks, writing to a DB that is being sent to the VFD. For...
Replies
Views
I have a piece of equipment with control split between two PLCs. A quantum 434, and a Siemens S7-300, communicating via profibus. I have a prosoft...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom