Problem in reading electric diagram.

gdalianis

I have this control IO port on a machine panle. I know a little of reading electrical diagrams. Could some friend help me about it. I can not understand where the machine can supply current as a source and where it must be supplied from an external source. Is it correct that the port supplies voltage to the inputs with A12 common? Is it also correct that the port must be supplied from an external source at output terminals B1 to B12 in order for the outputs would function properly?

port io.jpg

What does it do?

Looks to me like you can just use dry contacts on the inputs A1-A11

Your outputs would be depending what you are doing with it

The outputs are photo-coupled darlington pair transistors and basically provide a current connection to the common. So, for a relay or light, one connection would be to your supply and the other (the common) is connected to the output terminal.

Is it also correct that the port must be supplied from an external source at output terminals B1 to B12 in order for the outputs would function properly?
The voltage is applied to the far side of the relay coil, then the other side of the coil connects to the digital output terminal.