S7-200 Data Acquisition via PC Java application?

Gregus

I'm currently designing a Java GUI running on a PC which will control 2 Siemens S7-200 PLC's.

I'm very sketchy on how I can actually interface the PC to the PLC's for data acquisition and control.

Ideally i'd like to be able to do this via Modbus TCP over ethernet, or Modbus RTU over serial. I already have Java libraries for modbus comms which would make it very easy to integrate if that was the case.

If anyone has any input, tips, or suggestions as to the best and most cost effective way to do this it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Greg

Similar Topics

Dear Experts, Please, kindly guide me through how to read data from ABB PLC to S7-1200 Siemens PLC. I want to use Siemens S7-1200 PLC to read data...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a s7-1200 at home that went into "CPU error: Serious firmware exception". After a power cycle it was OK again, but all retained data...
Replies
Views
Hi to all, I have a power supply "gwinstek" PSP-2010, with rs-232, so I want to control it with S7-1200 "1212acdcrly with CM-1241 RS-232 module...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I am working on a project utilizing an s7-1200 cpu and Tia Portal v17. I currently have an external PCB with some sensors on it (and...
Replies
Views
Need some insight into why this happened. After finally getting a VM to connect to a CPU 216 2 siemens processor, uploaded the program. made a...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom