A Free HMI with Eye Catching Graphics is Now Available

ControlLogix driver update

A note to users of the ControlLogix/CompactLogix driver.... A new version of 3.98j is now available that is significantly faster. In some cases as much as 20 times faster. My quick tests have shown an update rate for 12 mixed tags at 7ms.

Wow, this looks like it could help us out several ways here at work,

One problem, how come I can get DF1 to show up on com component?

if attached a screen shot, there is nothing in the drop down menu

im using rslogix 500, trying to use rsemulate for the time being and have installed com0com

thanks in advance

advanced hmi screen shot.jpg

One problem, how come I can get DF1 to show up on com component?

if attached a screen shot, there is nothing in the drop down menu

im using rslogix 500, trying to use rsemulate for the time being and have installed com0com
I see DF1Com1 is already in your component tray, so it should be in your drop down list for the ComComponent property. If it is not, then try to Build the project and see if that makes any difference.

I also see that you are using an output address for PCLAddressClick. If you have a coil in your PLC program with that same address, then it will override anything the HMI writes to the bit.

Last edited:
DECIDED TO START OVER, NOW i GET THIS ERROR RIGHT FROM THE FIRST BUILD,
Looking at your screen shot, in Solution Explorer, it shows that it cannot find the AdvancedHMIDrivers. Check where you extracted the solution and make sure you have 3 folders along with the solution (sln) file.

Attached is a picture of what you should have after extracting the files. The last file (sou) will only show if you have your PC set to show hidden files. Since you are using VS2015, you may also show an addition folder.

Thanks, got it working with rsemulator but cant get it to work when connected to the slc 5/03 via rs232

ill keep plugging away!

thanks again

Thanks, got it working with rsemulator but cant get it to work when connected to the slc 5/03 via rs232
With the DF1Com driver try both the AUTO baud and also manually setting the parameters. Also make sure RSLinx is completely shut down so it doesn't have control of the COM port. AdvancedHMI will need exclusive use of the COM port.