Error 77 on the 1747 SDN

Buscom

Hello,

I have a CDN 066 which is connected to the 1747 SDN via the 1770 KFD to send and receive message.

After configuring the scanlist of the 1747 SDN, it show me the error code 77.

Please, have someone have even see this error? How can I do?

Thanks

Error code 77 is very common with devices like the CDN066 that have configurable I/O data sizes.

You need to match the Scanlist Polled I/O size with the configuration of the CDN066.

If you can post your *.DNT file, Forum users can help you determine which settings are correct.

Hello, thank you for your replay,

Here I joins my RSnetworkx configuration scanlist.

You can see it in the attach files.

Thanks

fig1.jpg inputadvanced.jpg output.jpg outputadvanced.jpg

Please ZIP and post the actual RSNetworx *.DNT project file, including the configuration of the CDN066 device.

The I/O size in the Scanner is only half of the problem.

Hello,

thank you for your replay,

I have make a .Zip file of my whole my RSNetworx configuration.

You can see it in this attach files.

Thanks.

Either the file you posted did not contain the CDN-066 configuration, or something went wrong when I opened it up in RSNetworx for DeviceNet version 10.01.

The configuration file you posted has the 1747-SDN Scanner set up for 67 bytes of Input data and 67 bytes of Output data, but the CDN-066 has a Maximum Input Size and Maximum Output Size value of zero bytes.

Another way to generate a report on a device configuration in RSNetworx for DeviceNet is to highlight the CDN066 then in the main menu select File -> Generate Report.

This generates an HTML report of all the configuration values, which you can attach or copy-paste into a post. Below is the result from my copy-paste:

Code:
Address 27, CDN066

Name: CDN066 
Description:  
Address: 27 
Catalog: RS232 Gateway 

Device Identity [ Primary ]
Vendor: D.I.P. Inc. MKS Inst. [0059] 
Type: CDN066 [1056] 
Device: Communications Adapter [0012] 
Revision: 4.61 

Parameters
ID Name Value 
1 Status 00001010 
2 Baud Rate 9600 baud 
3 Parity No parity 
4 Data Size 0 
5 Stop bit 0 
6 Flow control No flow control 
7 Receive count 0 
8 Transmit count 0 
9 Maximum receive size 0 
10 Maximum Transmit size 0 
11 Data format XXXX1000 
12 Block Mode X1111110 
13 Receive Delimiter 0 
14 Pad Char 0 
15 Status Enable 0 
16 Status Clear Enable 0

Ok, thank you for your replay,

I am now out of my office, so can't make the generate report, I will make it tomorrow (GMT+1).

But please, tell me how much size of the maximum size does I put? with the consideration that I have a 1747 SDN serie B version 6.002 so that the size of the CDN006 will be compatible?

Thanks.

Look again at the Application Note from MKS that I posted a direct link to in Post #3.

On the second page, it describes the Input Connection Size:

Input Connection Size = Max Receive Size (maximum value 64 bytes)
+ 1 (If String format is enabled)
+ 1 (If Receive Sequential Numbering is enabled)

On the fourth page, it describes the Output Connection Size:

Output Connection Size = Max Transmit Size (maximum value 64 bytes)
+ 1 (If String format is enabled)
+ 1 (If Transmit Sequential Numbering is enabled)

That application note takes into account the String Format parameter and the Synchronous Mode (Rx and Tx Sequential Numbering) parameter, but not the Status Enable parameter. I think Status Enable was added in later firmware; that note is for v3.0 firmware and was written almost 14 years ago.

If Status Enable or Status Clear Enable parameters are selected, that can add another byte to the Input and Output assemblies, for a total maximum of 67 bytes, which is what you had in your configuration.

The actual Input and Output sizes depend on the parameter settings of the CDN066. Until you post the actual parameter settings of your CDN066, the Input and Output sizes cannot be determined.

Last edited:
Hello, thank you for your replay,

It's Ok, I have resolve the problem :)

it was a problem cause by a bad configuration I just click the buttom "upload from scanner" in the 1747 SDN Networx scanlist configuration and it have update all the correct size of the data. thank you for your help. :)

But, I have another problem now in my RSLogix program.

The problem is that, when I put the cycle key in program mode and upload the program, there is no problem and the analysis is correct.
But, when I put the cycle key in RUN mode, there is a problem and the error say that the size of the 1747SDN G-file is exeed. But I don't understand this cause, I have put the size of the 1747SDN G-files=0.

I want to know what is the G-files please?

Thanks

You may have resolved the problem, but it wasn't by uploading from the scanner. Maybe you downloaded a correct configuration to the scanner.

The SLC-500 uses two types of special memory to communicate with modules like the 1747-SN and 1747-SDN; M-files and G-files.

For the 1747-SDN with version 6.002 firmware, the M-Files should be either 256 or 391 words in length, depending on whether or not you want to use the 1747-SDN Passthrough feature (that requires 391 words).

The G-file length should be zero. The 1747-SDN does not use G-files.

What is the exact fault code that you are seeing in RSLogix 500 software ?

Please post the actual RSLogix 500 *.RSS file if you want other Forum members to review it.

Hello,

Thank you for your replay :)

this is the message of the fault on RSLogix : "Error configuration file in slot 7. G file size of the user program exceeds the capabilities of the module".
And the 1747 SN scanner is flashing red.
Please, look at my RSLogix500.RSS file attachement
Thanks

Hello, I have resolve the problem, effectively the M0/M1 files were not correctly configure and I have change the size for 361 to 3300.
but now I have another problem, it is the CDN066. I have a solid red led indicator when I stop the sending message to the CDN066 and the COMM led of the 1747 SN is flashing red.
Please, how can I do? I have try to configure the class instance editor of the CDN066, but I don't know witch value I can put in the space of class and instance? I do not clairly understand this "class instance editor"