RsEmulate v19 virtual axis actual velocity question

bulletin blues

Lifetime Supporting Member
I've been experimenting with Motion Commands by creating a virtual axis in RsEmulate version 19.0.

When I run a Motion Axis Jog on a virtual axis, it will perform as I expect. It will ramp up until I issue a Motion Axis Stop.

Same thing for a Motion Axis Move, works properly.

My question is, regardless of what I set the commanded speed to, if I trend the "Actual Velocity" it just occasionally pulses between 0 and 400.

I'm not sure if this is because the actual velocity would typically be getting the info from some type of feedback device, or because I'm running an emulator, or because I'm doing something wrong.

Either way, I'm learning quite a bit about the motion commands, but I'm a bit hung up as to why this is happening.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hey! I wired this up to an actual controller and the actual velocity trends correctly!

The issue I was having was, I had set up a virtual axis, on a virtual machine, in vmWare, and the "actual position" was correct, but the "actual velocity" was jumping all over the place in the trend.

This is old equipment running RsEmulate v19 on an Windows virtual xp machine, so I'm not mad. I just wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong. Seems like a vmware/emulate problem.

Thanks.

Thanks