Large BOR? Logix 5000 V24

twammen

I need to "BOR" about 100 bools together. any simple suggestions? The regular ab block will just take up to much room on the sheet. Thanks

What does BOR stand for? Bitwise OR?? If so, you could always use the bits in 3-4 DINT tags and examine each tag equal to 0 in series (or not equal to 0 in parallel, depending on what you're looking to do).

Last edited:
Ahh, could just do it in structured text then. Probably faster to write that way.

Bool1 OR Bool2 OR Bool3 ... etc. Might be a limit per line, I think the FB won't take more than 8 at at ime.

Still, 3 lines isn't terrible.

Can you pack the bit into a DINT array, perhaps using aliases? Then a simple FBC will tell you if any or none are set, which is basically what the BOR is telling you.

+1 to the Structured text idea, just create a custom instruction and us ST inside it.
Just add them all together if result > 0 then you know what you need.
Or BOR them in the ST, I'm not sure which is faster.