Sic Marking e10 Controller

Jnoobs

Hello all! First time poster and long time lurker. I have a project which requires having a Sic Marking e10 Controller (with an i83 device) connected to a PLC. The PLC will send the serial number data to be marked on the part to the e10 controller. My questions is, what PLC commands are to be used to send the data? I have it wired through ethernet but the manuals included, and those online, don't really give any indication on how to do this. I called their hotline and never got an answer back from them. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Looked at their website. Not really any information to be found which is not a good sign. Also not a good sign that the hotline isnt helpful.
I would not have purchased the device before having clarified the technical details.

Dont get your hopes up that you can control the device directly via ethernet just because your PLC has an RJ45 port and the device has an RJ45 port.
Which PLC is it ? Your best hope is that the device supports an open protocol such as Modbus TCP.