OMRON C200 - SCADA wont communicate using Vijeo Citect

thorshz

Hello,

Kindly help me on this PLC-scada issue. Newbie here.

We're on the ship and our scada PC (IPC APAX-5571) suddenly won't boot anymore (no psare parts). It is used as alarm monitoring for our 7 generators.

I tried to boot the flash memory (from APAX-5571 Windows XP) to another PC but no luck. We can just make the flash as slave to view the files, I found Vijeo Citect 7.1 in the program files.

PLC: OMRON C200HG
SCADA: running on IPC APAX5571 using Vijeo Citect 7.1

There's no PLC expert onboard and I'm just a NEWBIE.
So I just created a new setup.

1. Built a PC running win7 then installed Vijeo Citect 7.1.
2. Export the backup (ctz file, compiled).
3. Modify COM1 and Ethernet port to match the config.
3. Some parameters from the PLC (like temperatures, current, voltage) and parameters from the GW4 showed-up on SCADA screen. But the SCADA is showing that there's no communication between PC and vijeo. Looks like it can't write to the PLC.

Is there any other software that we might need to install to make it run properly.? I have attached the SCADA. configuration (see attached file)

Looking at the Viejo Citect Project Explorer.

Board Name Board Type Address
BOARD1
TCPIP 0
BOARD2
COMX 0

----------------------------------------------------------

Port Name Board Name Port Number Special Opt
PORT1_BOARD1
BOARD1 1 -I127.0.0.1-P0-T
PORT1_BOARD2
BOARD2 1 9600,7,2,EVEN
PORT2_BOARD1
BOARD1 2 -I10.0.50.100-P4660-T

----------------------------------------------------------

Name Number Address Protocol Port Name
UNITY
1 _ MODNET3 PORT1_BOARD1
OMRON
2 0 OMRON PORT1_BOARD2
OFSVIJEO
3 1 MODCELL PORT2_BOARD1

Is there any other things that I missed? Please help.🤞🏻

Thank you very much guys.

:site:

Scan2.jpg Scan.jpg

check the old PC to see if there is Omron Getway installed. Also check Citect to see what Omron driver is being used and install it as well. If Gateway is needed the installed driver will be FINS.

check the old PC to see if there is Omron Getway installed. Also check Citect to see what Omron driver is being used and install it as well. If Gateway is needed the installed driver will be FINS.
thank you.
but old pc no longer works, i just remove the flash drive and make it as slave. I can only browse thru c:\programfiles\. Is there any other way to check what kind of drivers installed?

I can see "unity MODNET30" in citect explorer.
UNITY 1 _ MODNET3 PORT1_BOARD1
OMRON
2 0 OMRON PORT1_BOARD2
OFSVIJEO
3 1 MODCELL PORT2_BOARD1

Thanks

Depending exactly on how its setup you may need the citect.ini file to make it work, also have you run the computer setup wizard in the Citect after you compiled the project ?

Depending exactly on how its setup you may need the citect.ini file to make it work, also have you run the computer setup wizard in the Citect after you compiled the project ?
Yes I did run the computer setup wizard.

this is the function being called in the error message.

FUNCTION comtest ()
com_lost_omron_IODeviceInfo("OMRON",10);
com_lost_omron_IODeviceInfo("OFSVIJEO",10);
END

hello,

I've attached the citect.ini, can you please help me figure out what driver I missed to install. Or what parameters I need to check and consider. I'm really new to PLC. Please help 🤞🏻

thank you.

hello,

I've attached the citect.ini, can you please help me figure out what driver I missed to install. Or what parameters I need to check and consider. I'm really new to PLC. Please help 🤞🏻

thank you.

Looks like its using OFS for communications, you need to check your OFS settings etc. i don't use OFS myself so hopefully others can advise what you need to look for.

But there's just a minor issue, the graphic representation of BUSLINES doesn't close or open. But it goes to the correct state after restarting SCADA. Any idea about this?

But there's just a minor issue, the graphic representation of BUSLINES doesn't close or open. But it goes to the correct state after restarting SCADA. Any idea about this?

Does it stop working after a restart ?

Check you have all the events enabled in setup wizard, the lines may be driven by Cicode.

Yes all the events are enabled in setup wizard... Sometimes the data from the PLC doesn't show-up and need's to ON/OFF PLC to synchronize. Since OMRON is using MODBUS do I have to install separate MODBUS driver?

I just installed Vijeo7.2 Patch 5.

I forgot to mention that the original industrial PC is using Vijeo 7.1

Hello,
Everything seems working fine except to the issue that I mentioned above (graphic representation of buslines).

I narrowed down the problem

*OFSVIJEO: INT datatypes are working good.

*OMRON: BCD & LONGBCD datatypes are also working good and showing realtime (voltage, speed current)

*OMRON: DIGITAL datatype is not working in real-time, I mean I have to re-start SCADA program to make it work. Please help... thank you