Date & Time Does not Appear on HMI Panelview Plus 1500

That's the issue...You are using PLC data instead of HMI System tags...Presuming the PLC contains all required data, you will need to mitigate all Remote Data and Time tags structure/format with what the HMI system needs.

What PLC type are you connecting the HMI to?

Can you give screenshot step by step to configure time & date

Why do you need to Remote update everything?

You either do only 'Remote Date and Time' or all of the rest.

Then, does the 'ProgramDate_Time.remote_date_time' Logix tag exist?

If it does, is it a STRING data type formatted identically to the chosen FTVS Date and Time Object formatting?

If it does, is it a STRING data type formatted identically to the chosen FTVS Date and Time Object formatting?

ok thanks man, let me try first..

tq

Actually, what Im going to do is to read PLC clock...
don't want use HMI date & Time

can you me example in screechot how it looks like in global connection?

Listen, if the Remote Date and Time Tags do not exist or they are not properly formatted just copy all the 'Remote Tag' info into a text editor and then delete everything from the Date and Time tab of the Global Connections.

Your Date and Time object will work with the HMI Date and Time System tags at this time as it was originally intended.

Read the FTVS Manual (http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/viewme-um004_-en-e.pdf) understand the Date and Time functionality and then, if you still want to update Data and Time data from the PLC, go create/edit the required Remote tags.

Listen, if the Remote Date and Time Tags do not exist or they are not properly formatted just copy all the 'Remote Tag' info into a text editor and then delete everything from the Date and Time tab of the Global Connections.

Your Date and Time object will work with the HMI Date and Time System tags at this time as it was originally intended.

Read the FTVS Manual (http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/viewme-um004_-en-e.pdf) understand the Date and Time functionality and then, if you still want to update Data and Time data from the PLC, go create/edit the required Remote tags.

ok tq

copy all remote tag into 'text editor'?
what is text editor?

Notepad, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, etc...Software used to edit and store text based data...In you case for further reference...

Notepad, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, etc...Software used to edit and store text based data...In you case for further reference...

ok nevermind , forget about update or read PLC clock..., ok now I have deleted all tags in global connection..so when I create date & time object..is it no issue appear on HMI?

import this subroutine. It will use the wall clock and concatenate the values into a timestamp. Format is mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss then on you HMI use a string display and connection is STR_TimeStamp[0]

ok nevermind , forget about update or read PLC clock..., ok now I have deleted all tags in global connection..so when I create date & time object..is it no issue appear on HMI?

Yep...Without any Date and Time Global Connections the Date and Time Display graphic object will work as intended, using the HMI internal System tags...

Yep...Without any Date and Time Global Connections the Date and Time Display graphic object will work as intended, using the HMI internal System tags...

Ok just now I have deleted all tag in global connection ..but the date n time still does not appear when I download the graphic. I need to put HMI system tag anywhere? Just create date n time only right?

Delete and then add another the Date and Time display object...Save...Post a screenshot...Test the Runtime on your PC and post a screenshot...

Last edited:
Delete and then add another the Date and Time display object...Save...Post a screenshot...Test the Runtime on your PC and post a screenshot...

By the way, when runtime on PC no issue and its display date n time..but when download graphic on HMI.. it will blank and showing empty box...

I need.to sleep.right..thank for support me friend