Communicating with a Foxjet/Marksman Elite using ControlLogix ( RS Logix 5000 )

Good Afternoon ,

I was wondering if any of you folks have communicated with a Foxjet Marksman Elite Printer. The reason I ask is that we would like communicate with the Foxjet , and tell it when a shift changes , the time , and allow another pallet to be loaded before changing.

I would like to count cases , and the result of this count , and pallets loaded would determine when the shift would end and what time. Then we can change this time , without an operator manually changing this time.

The Foxjet is a PC , and I am puzzled on how I would write code for this .
Have any of you done this. I am going to call Foxjet tomorrow , but I would like to have a understanding before I get in a discussion with them.

Thanks again for all your advice. You guys are , in many ways a "Career Saver " :)

If the manufacturer has no known solution your best bet, IMHO, if the Foxjet is a PC as you say, is to see if there is a way to use standard tools such as SQL server as a conduit. Data from your PLC can be sent by SCADA or an (intermediary PLC that can access SQL-we use WAGO) to a shared table in SQL which can then be read at the PC. This is an over simplification because I don't know what can be done in the application at the Foxjet end but this perhaps may give you some kind of direction.

Last edited: