Problems connecting to a ReadiPanel

VonBeck

I'm currently doing a project where we have to connect a AllenBradley PLC 5 ReadiPanel to a AllenBradley PLC 5000 over DH (RIO). in order to control a motor which controls lights from a SLC 500.

I have already connected the ReadiPanel to the 5 and made a simple program. The switches on the back were set so that to the PLC 5 the Panel looked like it was rack #3 group 0 and full rack. I was able to create a IO status file and auto config in channel properties and was able to see it. And connect to it no problem.

My problem is now moving it to the 5000. I have connected it to channel B, and left the switches the way they were. When I go through the DataHighway cards channel B however I can't discover any modules. I added a Remote I/O rack to channel B and have been playing with the settings to no avail. The properties Rack Diagnostics page says the adapter is in the scan list, and that it is 1/4 rack.

Could this just be because I chose the wrong module to add to channel B? I'm pretty lost here so I'm hoping someone can help. Sorry if this was confusing I can clarify if need be.

edit: I should add that it's a 2705-p21j1 16 push button panel

Last edited: