encoder signal 5V to 24V

Hello

i have an Avago encoder and it gives out a 5V pulse. it is also powered from a 5V supply.

my plc has an encoder card that gives out 24V and will only accept a 24v signal.

the encoder has to be powered from the encoder card and must give a 24V pulse to the card.

is there any reliable way to convert the 5V signal into a 24V signal and also generate a 5V supply from the 24V card supply as i will have grounding issues if i don't use the supply from the encoder card.

the encoder will generate a signal in the 17kHz range i would think so is there any din rail mounted high speed optocoupler or something like that?

thanks

Similar Topics

Hi all, I have an application coming up where I have a motor that runs forward or backward to adjust the linear position of a machine component...
Replies
Views
I am looking to duplicate a quadrature encoder signal where the original supplies a VFD and the duplicate goes to a PLC. I have had success using...
Replies
Views
I am trying to replace an old Relience system with S7-300. The system has an encoder that uses external 220V supply and has 12V A,A*,B,B*. As...
Replies
Views
Motion control isn't my specialty... Lately, I have been using Automation-Direct servo packages...
Replies
Views
I am trying to use one Encoder for two separate systems. Do you have a suggestion for me? Do you suggest using a signal splitter board instead...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom