vb link omron plc. please help

common

C
I want to link vb with omron PLC cpm1a to get the DM value from PLC. I m using the method as stress in the manual read the DM method for example @ooRD0000000157*(CHR$(13)) to get the DM0 data from plc. But, still unable to get the data. Does anybody tried this???? pls help me.

@ooRD0000000157*(CHR$(13))
Either this is a typo or you are using lower case letter o instead of numeral 0. Other than that, your syntax is right.

Here is the preferred syntax for the command string.

"@00RD0000000157*"+CHR$(13)

Attached is sample code.

I had a trainee, and gave hime the instruction to solve this. I have helped him a bit with this. It was very simple, there was an OCX file from Omron. I'm not quit sure if it came from Syswin or from CX-programmer. If you have this and inserted in you VB program it's very easy to use. There was a help integrated. Try the net for a search of this OCX !

To Jay Anthony
how to read ALL IR register inside OMRON plc using VB..what character reply..and how to separate it to make it use in VB..please help me..can I used @00MS43* to read all the IR status