Safety circuits

spartacus06

Hello All,

I am in the process of integrating several separate ESTOP safety relay circuits. My plan was to wire each individual PB back to a main ESTOP relay. From there, I will send back a dual output signal to each system. Combination of spare N.O. contacts and Expansion Relay outputs. I would like to know if I can use the output signals (ie AB 440R 14 & 24 terminals) to tie-back to the individual ESTOP input terminals (ie AB 440R S12 & S22 terminals) for each system that is already in place. The system will be setup with redundancy for the inputs & outputs. Also, I am estimating that I will need to enable 5 different systems. Can I add multiple relays to each output or have to add an expansion relay?

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Last edited:
I would like to know if I can use the output signals (ie AB 440R 14 & 24 terminals) to tie-back to the individual ESTOP input terminals (ie AB 440R S12 & S22 terminals) for each system that is already in place.
Sounds OK in principle.

Can I add multiple relays to each output or have to add an expansion relay?
I don't completely understand your question. You need to consider the load current and utilization category, whether or not you need isolation between the loads, and how the diagnostic coverage is provided for e.g. non-opening of the relay. Or are you asking the difference between safety expansion relay vs normal non-safety relay?