TCP Connection Siemens IM151-8F

Jeroen Benoot

Hi all,

i want to make a TCP connection to an "other station" in Simatic Manager to be able to send commands to an external device.
I wanted to do this in Netpro, and then use AG_Send, AG_Receive, but i'm unable to create such a connection with this CPU.
Is there any other way to do this?

Best regards,
Jeroen

AG_SEND/AG_RECV are used with a CP module, which IM151-8 do not have.
Instead, you can use TCON/TSEND/TRECV.
TCON/TSEND/TRECV do not use a configured connection in Netpro. Instead you setup the connection dynamically with TCON.

AG_SEND/AG_RECV are used with a CP module, which IM151-8 do not have.
Instead, you can use TCON/TSEND/TRECV.
TCON/TSEND/TRECV do not use a configured connection in Netpro. Instead you setup the connection dynamically with TCON.

The connection I want to make is to a scale, just to send a command to get the weight.
I think TCON only works when both partners are using it?
Or am I missing something?

You can use tcon to connect to any other partner i doesn't have to be a PLC it can be anything that uses Tcp/Ip. If its works using netpro and agsend it will work using tcon/tsend/trecive.