about S7 Communication

amit.khupe

i want to know about S7/H400 PLC communication. which communication are available and if i wants to take that Plc on Industrial Ethernet then how to do that is this required any additional module or in processor onbord ethernet is available i m familler with AB PLC's but not able to find regarding to Simens S&/H400 plc. i have a problem that in my sys config it is shown only profibus and modbus communication so what is the distance limitation for profibus communication PLC to Engg. work station. can any one just help me out

Hello amit.khupe;

Both Industrial Ethernet and Profibus-DP/PA are available for S7-400H communications. For both you can use copper or fiber (not for PA of course). The limitations on the numbers of astations for profibus-DP is 31, exceptionnally.
If you want to connect through Profibus-DP to an enginnering station, you can go up to 500 m at 1,5 MB. If you need to maintain fault-tolerant connections, you will need a software called S7-redconnect on your PC to switch connections in case of communication failures.
All this information can be found (with details) in the manual S7-400_e.pdf (Automation system S7-400H Fault0tolerant System) on the Siemens support webpages.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier