FTV ME Station V4 "unable to load application"

Gabe1

Hello all,

I've got an a 11 year old Touch screen/panel PC running Windows XP with FTV ME Station V4. I had planned to replace this PC for sometime but never managed to find the time to make it happen. Anyways, as luck would have it, the PC started flaking out a few days ago after a power outage. In the process of trying to stabilize the PC (it was shutting down every couple minutes) I loaded and ran a number of runtime files in quick succession. After one of the power cycles I was greeted by "unable to load application." I've since stabilized the PC but still haven't been able to load a runtime file. Rockwell appears to have addressed what I'm facing in one of their tech notes but I don't see direction that applies to Windows XP machines. I'm hoping that I get get this thing operational and buy enough time to prepare for a replacement. Any words of advice?

Cheers,

Gabe

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/577717

In my haste I hadn't noticed the ResDir restore utility download on the Rockwell document (BF24628.) Anyways, I ran the software, on this XP machine, and it deleted the FactoryTalk directory. I then created a new directory via the directory wizard and voila the application loaded and ran. False alarm. Just thought I would leave a note for anyone else that may have the same issue down the road. 🍻