Siemens Comfort Panel, export data to PDF

boneless

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi all!

I would like to be able to export some data from a Siemens Comfort panel.

I want to end up with a nice PDF document, but I am pretty sure that is not directly possible.

Any of you guys have any smart idea to take an export file (or maybe webpage) from the HMI and turn it into a standard PDF?

I am sure it is possible with python, but I want to keep it as simple as possible.

Maybe import into excel and run a macro?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Just some values from tags.

I want to sample, say 10 tags when user hits button. And then user can manually enter another 10 tags for verification of mechanical indicators.

I know there is a "Reports" function in the Comfort panels, but I've honestly never played around with it. Not sure if it can go directly to PDF.

If you can write data to an RTF (Rich-Text Format i.e. flat ASCII "MicroSoft Word"-ish) file, then LibreOffice can convert it to PDF as a one-liner.

Notes/Caveats

• RTF is not complex: make the file with the tag values by hand then look at it in a text editor e.g. notepad or wordpad; you will see what parts need to be changed and can easily turn that into a template.
  • Doing the "one-liner" is easiest in Linux-land (e.g. BASH), but I suspect the Linux-like Windows shell environment (added ca. Windows 10, I think?), could be coaxed into doing what is needed.
  • I understand my background makes this type of thing trivial, but would be new ground for many here, so, while I am confident this is feasible, if OP neither knows how to do this nor has access to a local bithead like me, then it may not work for them.

Yes just create a CSV file (comma delimited) then open it in excel or even better create a VB macro and open the file in VB post it to the cells you want.
If you create a template in excel and format it i.e. have top row as description then the cells below as the data, on opening the template use the workbook open to bring up a file manager to select the file & run the code to place the data in the cells. Then if you want a PDF just print it to a pdf creator like Primo.
Also if you save your CSV files by date/time for example 2310201045 i.e. 23rd OCT 20 10:45 then you have a filename as a reference.

Last edited: