how to use Analog I/O card with 24v

alihami

Hello every body,

I have an Analog I/O card with the input signal range of
0 to 5 V, 1 to 5 V, 0 to 10 V, –10 to 10 V
I want to use it with 24v battery, so if the battery goes lower than certain volts system indicate for charging.

how can i use this card with 24v, or how would i drop the voltage but keeping the watts same.

Thanks in advance for any help.

You could use a 7k and 5k resistor in series, and then place your input in parrelel with the 5k resistor. This will give you 41.7% of the total volts across the input and 10v when the battery is at 24v. However if the 5v resistor opened you could end up with full voltage at the input.

-Mur

Brijm said:
You could use a 7k and 5k resistor in series, and then place your input in parrelel with the 5k resistor. This will give you 41.7% of the total volts across the input and 10v when the battery is at 24v. However if the 5v resistor opened you could end up with full voltage at the input.

-Mur

I did something like this with remote racks to monitor each 24vdc supply. All we wanted to know is if the 24vdc was there so any kind of voltage divider to keep it in the input range. Our inputs could take 30vdc but only measured 10vdc. In the MMI it would alarm and the screen would tell the operator which supply and rack the problem was. It worked quite well. Sometimes a prox would short and take out the supply so up pops a screen warning and that way they could tell the electricians where the problem was.

Actually I am doing my final year project. I am bulding an AGV(Automatic Guided Vechicle). I want to build the automatic charging docking station for that unit, so whenever the power goes down at certain level AGV would go on docking station for charging.