factory talk view ME removeal

blaster_works

So here is my issue.
i have been using ft view ME for years.
to make a long story short was running version 11 tried to load version 12 but it is a windows 7 machine.... no matter what i do i can get version 12 completly off of the machine. it looks like it is off deleted from programs and features along with anything that relates to it.

Also i am working with rockwell tech support at this point.. they gave me a list of items to delete including registry entries. It is still a problem.

when i go to load 11 , it is yellow with a warning saying version 12 is still loaded.

thanks for any pointers

Sounds like you are in a bad spot here. FactoryTalk downgrades never go well. Especially when you get to the point of manually deleting directories and registry entries. It is quite possible that you are going to put signifigantly more effort into fixing your machine than you would if you just reinstalled Windows, or better yet, install a virtual machine and do a fresh install of FactoryTalk.

• First law of FactoryTalk, never downgrade
  • Second law of FactoryTalk, always use a VM

Edit: Welcome to the forum.

well back on the line to ab support
moving up the food chain.
getting a new machine for a fresh load but in the meantime trying to get this one operational. I do alot of other things on this machine.. really cant afford the downtime...
thanks for the feedback.

well back on the line to ab support
moving up the food chain.
getting a new machine for a fresh load but in the meantime trying to get this one operational. I do alot of other things on this machine.. really cant afford the downtime...
thanks for the feedback.

Yeah sorry it wasn't very helpful. Would the VM be an option for you?

Windows 7 creates "Restore Points" before you install or remove a program. You should be able to restore to a time before you installed v12.

OG