Modbus RTU communications connection

BobB

Lifetime Supporting Member
Just working on a job with a heap of Schneider power monitors connected to my PLC with Modbus RTU.

There are the usual D0 and D1 connections plus 0 volt that is being used these days as a 3 wire connection and 0 volt ties all the units together at the one voltage ;level - that is all good.

The Schneider documentation also shows the drain wire of the cable connected to a terminal with an indication of a circle with 2 horizontal lines through it. Have never seen that symbol before.

Would anyone know what it represents at all please? If it is just a loop through connection for the brain wire that is good.

I cannot see it being anything else as there is no earth connection on the meters but who knows.

Last edited:
Thank you muchly - one of the links clearly shows the shield looping through and then grounded. I thought it was a loop through as the meter has no ground connection.