How do I get rid of Axis Status:Error in motion perfect v4?

MacroPc

So I'm at the point in my learning and my little project that I'm ready to start manipulating my servo. We use Motion Control V4, TRIO (currently P6 Nano), Proface HMI (with GP PRO EX), and a Kollmorgen AKM52L Servo with a Kollmorgen AKD controller..

The Nano is connected to the AKD controller via ethernet cord and the AKD to the servo using their big cord of wires.

If I switch ethernet cord from Motion Bus In and put it in Motion Bus Out the axis error goes away but then the System: line below axis status says Error.

Is there something I'm missing here?

maybe Motion Bus in and Motion Bus Out is a DLR ring?
Maybe you need both in and out connected with ethernet, looped thru akd controller back to plc?

I only have 2 ethernet/cat ports on PLC. I guess I can use a hub. I was trying not to use an ethernet hub at first - trying to keep it simple. I guess I'll throw one in the mix n see what happens. Thanks for suggestion

Edit: I just looked at one of our machines and those are hooked up in succession with the Motion Bus OUT's connected to the next controllers Motion Bus INs until it goes to the last one. I'm only using the one drive and one servo.

Last edited: