Logix 5000 PID SWM and CV scaling

akrafter

Hello all. Doing my first project on Controllogix platform, and have a question. When I set up a PID on this and toggle the .SWM parameter, I am sending an output (0-100%) speed from a panelview to the PID instruction .SO parameter. The PID CV is scaled 0-60 in order to send a speed reference to a drive in HZ. So when I switch to software manual, is the CV still scaled 0-60 just the same as if the PID was running in auto? I have limited time to test this on a running system.

I was able to locate a running compactlogix and go online and test it out. Worked as I anticipated. I can't imagine there is much difference between the two platforms.

Similar Topics

Hello all, I'm having issues with a PID and trying to tune it. I just do not understand why my CV goes to 105 with the settings I have. Config...
Replies
Views
Hi, Long time not in the forum, and not in the programming. I´m getting back. I was issued a conversion from RSLogix 500 to RSLogix 5000 (studio...
Replies
Views
So I have a PID loop on an 1756-L61 running V17 software just for background. Also the PID PV is a pressure transmitter and the CV is speed sent...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm working on a wastewater plant with oxidation ditch aerators. The aerators are on VFDs and the operators want the dissolved oxygen in...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have a PID control application that I would like to get your opinions on. As I am reality new to PID loops I am struggling somewhat...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom