RSLogix 500 Search

Imi'ike

Is there a way to reduce the number of search results of a MOV instruction using the Find option so they match my search criteria more exactly?

I want to search a program for all the occurrences of this instruction:
MOV
Souce 1
Dest N7:10

So in the find box I enter "MOV 1 N7:10" and click the "Find All" button. The Search Results window shows the instruction I am looking for. The problem is, the results also show every occurrence of a MOV instruction with the number 1 somewhere in the arguments (in my case over 300 results, only one of which is what I want). Here are some examples of the results:
- MOV N7:21 <-> N7:21 (not even the same address)
- MOV N7:10 <-> N7:10 (right address, but wrong source)
- MOV B3:15 <-> B3:15 (wrong address)
- MOV 152 <-> 152 (wrong constant, but it does have a 1)
- MOV 1 <-> 1 (This is the one I want)

I tried searching for "MOV N7:10". While there are only 160 results, I have to look at each occurrence to find the one I want. With the previous search, I could look through the results and find what I was looking for.

Thanks.

I would probably just open the data table, then find N7:10, right click, and do a find all. This may narrow it down a bit...

Last edited:
bulletin blues,
Thanks for the reply.

Actually, searching for N7:10 will result in ALL the occurrences of N7:10 not just the ones occurring with the MOV instruction.

I'm working with a program where the index to a list of messages that is to be displayed on an operator interface is moved to N7:10. I was looking for a quick way of finding the occurrence of moving the number 1 to N7:10.