Panelview 1000 Panelview Studio ver 9

bigsteve777

Hi all.

I'm trying to do a 24 hour trend on a Panelview 1000. Version 5. All seems well but it's only tracking about 3 hours not 24 hours which is how I have it set up. I'm using panelview Studio ver9 and saving it as ver5. Is there something that could be getting lost in the downgrade that would cause the trending time to change?? Does Ver 5 allow for 24 hour trending?

Thanks in advance

The problem is probably the number of available data points in the Data Log Model.

Open up the Data Log model dialog.

The Setup tab has a "maximum data points" value, and the Log Triggers tab will have the periodic logging rate.

I believe that the Maximum Data Points is the total number of records, so if you are trending 10 Tags and want to store 1,000 records of each, the Maximum Data Points needs to be 10,000.

The Help file indicates that the maximum number of records was limited to 300,000 in v6 and earlier, and that v7 and later supports 1 million records.

So in your case you'll probably have to reduce the logging rate.

Ken, thanks so much for your reply. You have pointed me in the right direction. I have made some changes to the Data Log. I've actually added a second one for my trend. There are already 14 trends running on this HMI and I was just asked to add another. They are all either 2 or 4 hour trends at 1 second and only 1 pen in each. As my trend isn't as critical I made changes to the scan times. So now to wait for time to pass.
Thanks again!

Look carefully at what FTView says about the Data Log Model. My understanding in the PV+ is that it only supported one Data Log Model total, so you had to put all of your logging and trending tags into it.

Yes, you can only run 1 data log model in FTView ME.
So, you have to careful about sample rates and number of tags.

I thought there was a post on trend/ data log setup... couldn't find it.
Anyway, most of this info applies to any HMI trend and data log.

Edit each of the trend objects, display update rates and the data log model so that they have matched update rates.
A good place to start for the update rate is to use this formula:
Code:
Update Rate = X axis time span ÷ Trend pixel width

For example: if the trend needs to show a 1 hour time span (3,600 seconds) and the trend graph is 1200 pixels wide, then the update rate should be 3 seconds. A faster rate will not show any more detail and will waste resources; it can only show 1,200 data points across 1,200 pixels.

In that example, the trend object should be set to have a “Refresh Rate” of 3 seconds.
When using Direct Reference tags, then the display update rate and the data log model rate should have their update rates set to match the trend object (3 second update rate; or closest to that).

Side Note: If you are using HMI tags, then the display and data log model update rates should be twice as fast as the trend update rate.
In the above example, the display and data log rates should be 1 second (1.5 seconds would be ideal if that option was there). That is an outcome of using HMI tags, which actually update twice as slow as the update rate setting.

So correct me if I'm wrong. I want to do a 24 hour trend on 4 pens. Keep in mind they already have 14 other trends running in this project either 2 or 4 hours. The width of my trend is 627. SO.....3600 x 24 = 86400 86400/627 = 137.8 seconds scan rate? Not sure they are going to get the detailed info they want. I'm trying to trend temperature over 24 hours to see if there are any dips in temperature. In a span of 2 minutes we could see a temp drop more than they want and it wouldn't show on the trend. I guess we'll need to upgrade. Thanks everyone for your time in helping me out on this subject. I've learned a lot. I've done several trend in Wonderware and this is my first one on a Panelview.

Yes, that's right. If your trend width is 627 pixels and you are showing 24 hours, then it will only show 1 data point every 138 seconds.

You can data log faster than that, and have the trend update faster than that. But you wont see it.

So you will have to make the time span smaller (12 hours, 8 hours, etc.) or make the trend width bigger (1,000 pixels) or both.
If you make the time span smaller, you can scroll back in time to see the previous data.

If you haven't already, you could put alarms on the temperature tags. That would ensure any dips in temp would be well recorded.
Use labels for the alarms, then you can put a filtered alarm display on the trend screen.